12 Oct Couple of the month: Ania and Adam
In this article cycle, we will post interviews with some of our wedding couples to help you better understand the preparation process as well as what to expect from the dance on the big day. You can see the dance video at the end of the article!
Dance style: Mix of Foxtrot, Rumba & Swing
Song: Dancing in the Moonlight by King Harvest
Amount of Lessons: 40
1. How did you pick a song for your first dance?
Adam: Ania always wanted this to be her wedding song, “dancing in the moonlight” always sounded very happy, and she found the lyrics to be very appropriate.
2. What was the most important requirement for your wedding dance?
To have fun doing it, for people to enjoy watching it, and of course not to make fools out of ourselves.
3. How many months in advance did you start? Did you have a dance experience before?
About 4.5 months in advance, neither of us had ballroom dance experience.
4. What was the biggest challenge for you preparing the dance and how did you overcome it?
The biggest challenge was for the bride to stop leading, however by some sort of magic she didn’t lead on the wedding day.
5. Did you feel comfortable on the dance floor on the day of the wedding?
6. Tell our future couples what to expect from the wedding dance on the day of!
Expect people to be very excited and screaming, it won’t be as quiet as in the dance studio.
7. How did you feel after the performance on the day of?
Excited, but a little sad that it was over. It goes by so quick!
8. What advice can you give to the couples?
Make sure to do the dance on the actual dance floor where you have your wedding (and during cocktail hour too if possible!). HAVE FUN!
9. Are you going to dance after the wedding? 🙂
We are planning on it!