29 Nov Couple of the month: Liberty and Adam
In this article cycle, we will post interviews with some of our wedding couples to help you better understand the preparation process as well as what to expect from the dance on the big day. You can see the dance video at the end of the article!
Dance style: Mix Styles
Song: Once Upon A Dream
Amount of Lessons: 11
1. How did you pick a song for your first dance?
Our reception is taking place at the Museum of Moving Image in Astoria, so we wanted a song that was linked to a movie. I’m a big Disney fan and Adam is a fan of Lana Del Rey, so when we found her Once Upon A Dream cover, it seemed to fit.
2. What was the most important requirement for your wedding dance?
We just wanted to look like we knew what we were doing! The song wasn’t one you could just sway to and figure out on the fly so we knew we needed something more choreographed.
3. How many months in advance did you start? Did you have a dance experience before?
Neither of us had any formal dance lessons. We started in March of 2020 for our then June 2020 wedding. We ended up having a small ceremony and did the dance in September of 2020.
4. What was the biggest challenge for you preparing the dance and how did you overcome it?
5. Did you feel comfortable on the dance floor on the day of the wedding?
We did! We loved doing our dance. It was the highlight of the day for us.
6. Tell our future couples what to expect from the wedding dance on the day of!
It goes by so quick! Take in the moment. Lock eyes with your partner and realize how special that dance is.
7. How did you feel after the performance on the day of?
8. What advice can you give to the couples?
Practice somewhere else besides the studio. Doing the dance in a different location helped us learn the turns and movements better.
9. Are you going to dance after the wedding? 🙂
We hope to get out for a date night soon!
You can see an extract from the dance below: