14 Feb Couple of the month: Leila and John
In this article cycle, we will post interviews with some of our wedding couples to help you better understand the preparation process as well as what to expect from the dance on the big day. You can see the dance video at the end of the article!
Dance style: Mix Styles
Song: You send me
Amount of Lessons: 8
1. How did you pick a song for your first dance?
We started a Spotify playlist with our top contenders and our song was one of the suggested items (Aretha Franklin – You Send Me). We both heard it and said “that’s the one”!
2. What was the most important requirement for your wedding dance?
It was important for us to feel comfortable and have fun.
3. How many months in advance did you start? Did you have a dance experience before?
We started 4 months ahead. John had no dance experience and I had some from ballet/jazz when I was younger.
4. What was the biggest challenge for you preparing the dance and how did you overcome it?
Learning the basics was the biggest challenge for us but we overcame it with practice.
5. Did you feel comfortable on the dance floor on the day of the wedding?
Yes, very. We were so excited to surprise our guests with our dance routine.
6. Tell our future couples what to expect from the wedding dance on the day of!
It’s such a special moment having your friends and family cheer you on.
7. How did you feel after the performance on the day of?
We felt great, the dance was the highlight of the evening and set the stage for a wonderful night.
8. What advice can you give to the couples?
There’s always going to be hiccups but enjoy the moment together and it will look seamless.
9. Are you going to dance after the wedding? 🙂
You can see an extract from the dance below: