10 Mar Couple of the Month: Nicole & Lindsay
In this article cycle, we will post interviews with some of our wedding couples to help you better understand the preparation process as well as what to expect from the dance on the big day. You can see the dance video at the end of the article!
Dance style: Bachata and Swing
Song: Higher love by Kygo & Whitney Houston
Amount of Lessons: 10
1. How did you pick a song for your first dance?
We wanted something upbeat, fun and classic. How much more classic can you get than Whitney?
2. What was the most important requirement for your wedding dance?
We wanted something a little different than the traditional ballroom. As a same-sex couple, it was important to us to include spins for both of us. Above all, we wanted it to reflect the fun nature of our relationship.
3. How many months in advance did you start? Did you have a dance experience before?
Four months in advance. Nicole had high school and college dance experience, while Lindsay didn’t know her right foot from her left!
4. What was the biggest challenge for you preparing the dance and how did you overcome it?
Some of the steps were really tricky, but practice makes perfect (as does having an amazing dance teacher)!
5. Did you feel comfortable on the dance floor on the day of the wedding?
Nicole was nervous in the hours leading up to the dance, but her nerves disappeared once she saw Lindsay on the dance floor. Lindsay felt comfortable despite slipping, almost falling, and forgetting all of the moves half-way through. Nicole was able to lead Lindsay through the moves until she became conscious again. We attribute our ability to cover it up and keep going to the quality instruction we received!
6. Tell our future couples what to expect from the wedding dance on the day of!
Muscle memory is key because your brain will not be working!
7. How did you feel after the performance on the day of?
In the clouds.
8. What advice can you give to the couples?
Have fun and enjoy the classes – look at it as time to connect!
9. Are you going to dance after the wedding? 🙂
We already completed a swing cycle and are taking Latin now. We’ll see what’s next!
You can see their dance below:
Book your dance lesson here.