14 Feb Couple of the month: Andrea and Dinesh
In this article cycle, we will post interviews with some of our wedding couples to help you better understand the preparation process as well as what to expect from the dance on the big day. You can see the dance video at the end of the article!
Dance style: Mix Styles
Song: Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran
Amount of Lessons: 5
1. How did you pick a song for your first dance?
Thinking Out Loud has been our song since it came out when we started dating.
2. What was the most important requirement for your wedding dance?
We wanted to look comfortable but also like we knew what we were doing! We didn’t want to just sway awkwardly for 2 minutes.
3. How many months in advance did you start? Did you have a dance experience before?
We started in August for our October wedding, which ended up being perfect! We had no prior dance experience and were nervous going into our first lesson.
4. What was the biggest challenge for you preparing the dance and how did you overcome it?
It was definitely tough to make the dance moves feel natural and to feel confident doing them. Also definitely a challenge to find time to practice when it’s wedding crunch time!
5. Did you feel comfortable on the dance floor on the day of the wedding?
Surprisingly yes! We practiced in the studio before our wedding weekend festivities began and we really made the effort to go over every little detail, which helped with our confidence on the dance floor.
6. Tell our future couples what to expect from the wedding dance on the day of!
There will definitely be some nerves going into it but as Marius always reminded us, it’s all about us and our love and having fun! Having fun was really important so we felt at ease and comfortable doing our dance.
7. How did you feel after the performance on the day of?
Relieved! Marius instilled us with the skills to deviate if we had to but we’re glad we didn’t have to. We had a great time and everyone kept complimenting us on our dance!
8. What advice can you give to the couples?
Definitely take the time to practice between lessons! It made all the difference for our confidence and comfort with our dance.
9. Are you going to dance after the wedding? 🙂
We’ve already used our dance moves for photos on our honeymoon! But this experience has definitely gotten us interested in dancing again.