09 Jan Couple of the month: Michelle & Connor
In this article cycle, we will post interviews with some of our wedding couples to help you better understand the preparation process as well as what to expect from the dance on the big day. You can see the dance video at the end of the article!
Dance style: Bachata and Hustle
Song: Dancing in the moonlight
Amount of Lessons: 11
1. How did you pick a song for your first dance?
Dancing in the Moonlight is a song that has been special to us for a long time, and we always had fond memories of. We wanted to pick a song that we felt an emotional connection to.
2. What was the most important requirement for your wedding dance?
We wanted to feel natural and have fun.
3. How many months in advance did you start? Did you have a dance experience before?
No prior dance experience, we started about 3 months in advance.
4. What was the biggest challenge for you preparing the dance and how did you overcome it?
It was hard to find time to practice with everything else going on, but we were determined to prioritize it and we made it a fun activity for us to take a break and do something together.
5. Did you feel comfortable on the dance floor on the day of the wedding?
Totally! We had practiced so much, and even when they played the wrong version of the song, Emily had prepared us so well we truly felt we could handle anything.
6. Tell our future couples what to expect from the wedding dance on the day of!
Emily had warned us to expect the unexpected, it couldn’t be more true! We didn’t think anything would actually “go wrong” and we ended up dancing to a version of the song we’d never practiced to.
7. How did you feel after the performance on the day of?
So happy! It was such a joyous, beautiful, and special moment.
8. What advice can you give to the couples?
Focus on being comfortable dancing with each other vs. nailing the choreography, it made us feel much more natural and able to handle things when they didn’t exactly go to plan.
9. Are you going to dance after the wedding? 🙂