08 Dec Couple of the month: Tara and Brett
In this article cycle, we will post interviews with some of our wedding couples to help you better understand the preparation process as well as what to expect from the dance on the big day. You can see the dance video at the end of the article!
Dance style: Mix Styles
Song: A Thousand Years by Cristina Perry
Amount of Lessons: 20
1. How did you pick a song for your first dance?
Brett: Tara played me the song 1000 years and we both agreed that the words to the song resonated most regarding our journey to find each other.
2. What was the most important requirement for your wedding dance?
We wanted our first dance to look elegant yet natural.
3. How many months in advance did you start? Did you have a dance experience before?
Brett: We started at the beginning of the summer of 2019 for our wedding in August. Tara had years of dance training as a child yet I had no formal training.
4. What was the biggest challenge for you preparing the dance and how did you overcome it?
Having no dance experience at all, the biggest obstacle was having Brett learn all of his own steps as well as be able to lead Tara throughout their dance routine. We practiced outside of our regular lessons. The closer towards the lesson the more we would practice.
5. Did you feel comfortable on the dance floor on the day of the wedding?
Yes, we felt very comfortable
6. Tell our future couples what to expect from the wedding dance on the day of!
The best piece of advice we can offer is to arrive at the hall before the wedding and go through the routine once to get acclimated to the floor.
7. How did you feel after the performance on the day of?
We felt elated and relieved. The most rewarding experience was the response from our guests afterward.
8. What advice can you give to the couples?
Don’t put too much pressure on yourselves to be perfect. Enjoy the experience and be there for each other.
9. Are you going to dance after the wedding? 🙂
We have been continuing on with weekly lessons. We love it as an outlet and it is something we can always have as a shared interest.