25 Jan Couple of the month: Amy and Jeffery
In this article cycle, we will post interviews with some of our wedding couples to help you better understand the preparation process as well as what to expect from the dance on the big day. You can see the dance video at the end of the article!
Dance style: Mix Styles
Song: “You are the reason” by Calum Scott
Amount of Lessons: 5
1. How did you pick a song for your first dance?
We looked on YouTube
2. What was the most important requirement for your wedding dance?
We wanted something that wasn’t too complicated because we’re not dancers. We have four left feet between the two of us. This is the first time we’ve taken any type of dance class.
3. How many months in advance did you start? Did you have a dance experience before?
We had two months to learn the dance. We do not have any prior dance experience.
4. What was the biggest challenge for you preparing the dance and how did you overcome it?
The biggest challenge was remembering the sequence but after a few practices it was not a problem.
5. Did you feel comfortable on the dance floor on the day of the wedding?
Yes I wasn’t nervous at all although it would have been better if I practiced dancing in the dress one or two more times. I ended up stepping on it a bit and slipping.
6. Tell our future couples what to expect from the wedding dance on the day of!
Have fun and enjoy yourself. Even if you make a mistake, no one will know.
7. How did you feel after the performance on the day of?
8. What advice can you give to the couples?
Make sure to practice as much as you can at home. If you can, practice dancing in your dress a few times too.
9. Are you going to dance after the wedding? 🙂
Yes we plan to take more classes when we have time.
You can see the dance below: